Odoo implementation requires people which can be Odoo Functional resource or Odoo Technical Developers, or may be sometimes only one kind is require if you are good in Functional flow of your business and have experience in preparing proper business processes as per best of industry standard. In this post we will understand about difference between Odoo Functional Consultant and Odoo Technical Consultants including, their duties, responsibilities, way of working etc. This post will help you how much time is require for technical and functional expert in your business while you hire Odoo partner for development.
An Odoo functional consultant helps you to evaluate the Odoo project, transforms your business processes into abstract and algorithmic business models. Odoo functional consultant helps you to transform the use cases of your business into logical and technical views. There are many tasks which have been performed by functional consultant these include customizing the processes at optimum level to ensure Odoo ERP reacts according to the flow. They also provide you with documentation, guidelines on each and every aspects of your department. Odoo consultant acts as a backbone to technical python team as they transform the technical code into functional areas which can be used by a layman.
Odoo Functional consultant also helps in proper training to the user and the Odoo ERP which has been implemented is perfectly usable as per the choice of the customer and their business processes. Odoo Functional consultant also help your company during the go live stages therefore the duties roles and responsibilities of Odoo Functional Consultant is vast and not just finish at the start of the project by technical team.
Role of a Functional Consultant in an End To End Odoo Implementation:
As discussed that Odoo Functional Consultant role is vast till the final completion of the project including the training and go live stages. It may not be possible to define everything as far as role of Odoo Functional expert is concern as based on different industries such as Manufacturing Trading or Services and based on the size of the business who are implementing Odoo ERP solution the role may be vast with various duties to perform. We will try to summarize the role of Odoo Consultant below:
- Business Processes Understanding –
An Odoo consultant must have knowledge of different business areas including the design of the business flow. An ERP implementation can be carried out by any verticals such as Manufacturing or Trading therefore understanding of business flow, products, manufacturing flow is one of the important roles and duties of Odoo Consultant. They may prepare documentation with complete understanding of Business processes.
To create documentation they may have to sit with each department, understand their working, forms used, process flow etc. Without which an ERP implementation may not be successful.
- Understand Company Needs –
A functional consultant understands company needs and requirement with respect to ERP software implementation. Evaluation of client demands for Odoo ERP and how a solution can be provided to enhance business processes.
- Configurations with Business Needs –
Another essential duty of Functional consultant is to make sure that the software respond and react with the manner client is looking out for. Functional consultant always coordinates with Technical team for mapping of different activities in the new system.
- Usability –
Once the development is completed functional consultants who handle Odoo software delivers the documentation, end user training, smooth start of the software to the client. Odoo functional consultant also helps in understand other requirements of the business which can be implemented in other phases.
After completing the redevelopment, the Functional Consultant delivers end user training and ensures a smooth transition to the client. They may also report on the progress of the work effort, and follow-up to support the application on an ongoing basis.
What Skills do Odoo Functional Consultant Posses ?
As discussed above there are many duties which has been performed by Odoo consultant in this area we will understand what kind of skill do ERP functional consultant have. An ERP Functional Consultant should possess the base skill to understand how processes and stuff work.
- Logical understand to resolve complicated problems
- Odoo consultant should posses decision making skills for each and every module that has been required by the client.
- Powerful Communication – both Speaking and understanding is necessary to interact with different people of an organization.
- In and out knowledge on security configurations of Odoo
- Expert knowledge in workflow configurations.
- Extensive working experience with Odoo ERP software – Must be capable of handing atleast past 3 version of Odoo ERP software.
- Should be Punctual in meetings to ensure timely delivery of every task.
- Knowledge of different tools such as Red mine, Gantt View, Project Management tools, to ensure smooth working.
Role of a Odoo Technical Consultant in an End To End Odoo Implementation:
As discussed in the initial paragraph that Odoo implementation require people from different qualifications and experience who come together to successfully implement Odoo ERP software for your business. As the name suggests Odoo Technical Consultant is one who handles Odoo ERP from Technical and coding areas. Apart from Major degrees in Computer science or engineering the main area is the Odoo Technical Python language, and different concept of Odoo ERP software from technical view.
Odoo Technical Consultant is an important resource towards any ERP implementation as without them Functional consultant may not be in position to deliver successful project. Below we have listed some of the responsibilities of Odoo Technical Consultant.
- Python Knowledge for Coding or designing is one of the base requirements
- Integration/ Unit testing Knowledge
- Troubleshooting and Debugging of code related issues
- Delivering and producing detailed design of Odoo Code & Unit test plans.
- Understanding of technical requirements and providing appropriate Module design in Odoo ERP software.
- Version Controlling and knowledge of industry verticals such as Trading, Manufacturing or any custom development of apps.
Duties of Odoo Technical Developer / Team Lead
- Developing and providing Odoo solutions as per the business processes created by functional Consultant.
- Effectively communication with junior Odoo developers/ Senior Developers
- Onsite technical development by travelling to client office.
- Designing, testing, installing and monitoring Odoo systems
- Documentation preparation & providing progress reports to customers
- Being involved in sales and support, and where appropriate, maintaining contact with client organizations
- Diving into industry trends, news, and changes in Odoo version and their functions ensure you with successful Odoo Implementations.