QuickBooks is a fabulous accounting program that offers great features and makes work easy. But there are times when it crashes and displays unwanted errors. In a situation like this, it’s important that you get in touch with a trained expert.
The PC framework crashes or stops quickly at whatever point this mistake happens. It is usually caused due to any third-party interference and requires immediate resolution. Let’s have a look at some simplified ways through which you can get rid of this error. when it crashes and shows undesirable mistakes. In a circumstance like this present, it’s significant that you connect with a prepared master.
Steps for Resolving QuickBooks Error 1406
When any third-party software intervenes with the accounting program, QuickBooks install error 1406 is caused. The computer system crashes or freezes briefly whenever this error occurs. It is quite similar to Quickbooks error 3140. however, the solutions for both the issues are completely different
In order to get rid of this error, simply follow the below-mentioned steps carefully: –
Solution 1: Disable your Antivirus or Any Other Security Software in Your System
- Any new anti-virus updates, Firewall or security software updates can lead to error code 1406.
- Disable your security software on a temporary basis.
- Use Selective Startup for disabling firewall or anti-virus in you computer system. After that, check if the error is still visible. If yes, move to the next solution and make use of those steps.
Solution 2: Repair or Fix Registry damage
- For successfully repairing your registry damage, you need to ensure that you have full control access to the Admin and System groups.
- Your system should have access to this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaSTOR
- As a user, you require checking whether the key’s owner is set to the Admin group or not.
Solution 3: Use the QB Installation Diagnostic Tool
- You need to first download the QB Install Diagnostic Tool online.
- Save the downloaded file on your system and run the program.
- The running process could approximately 20 minutes to end.
- Wait patiently and when the process completes, restart your system.
Solution 4: Check Windows Updates, Ensure You Haven’t Missed Any
- Just check if there are any pending Windows updates related to MSXML, .NET Framework or C++ in your system.
- If in case your Windows OS is out-dated, then that may be the reason for QuickBooks install error 1406. So, you need to update the operating system immediately.
- Once updated, simply restart your computer system and you’ll notice that the error has disappeared.